Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Range

I was looking through my previous posts and realised I hasn't actually showed my designs and what I'm making so here is an early sneak peak.

Outfit 1 named 'Dakota' is a leotard in a black and gold stretchy knit. It has interesting back detail. The Cape is made in the burnt fabric in the colours green, purple and pink with gold organza. I would like the cape to be tied at the front then get the model to drop it down to a skirt or carry it so the back can be seen as a wow factor. I have drawn it the fishnets or patterned/textured/smokey stockings but I think I have changed my mind and would rather just have plain legs.

Outfit number 2 named ‘Serena’. This has a vest made in black denim and a collar and little bow on the back of the vest attached in the burnt fabric. The burnt fabric has gold on both sides of the collar and pink and blue on the inside. It has black organza over the top. This outfit comes with a gold hot pant. I have drawn it the fishnets or patterned/textured/smokey stockings but I think I have changed my mind and would rather just have plain legs.

Outfit 3 is called ‘Callie’ and is a gold dress with shoulder detail in the burnt fabric. This garment was originally made in a gold knitted fabric but I decided that I didn’t like it so I changed to a gold silk Dupion that looks much better. The burnt fabric has three different layers and all 4 colours are featured; blue, pink, purple green and gold and all layers have black organza burnt over the top.
Outfit 4 named ‘Lexi’ is a strapless black denim mini dress with a sweetheart neckline. It has on overlay in the burnt fabric. This overlay is in purple and blue with gold organza burnt on top. It has a black band through the middle. I also added another feature which is tulle coming out from under the band on the overlay coming down over the skirt.
Outfit 5 is called ‘Bella’. This one is different now and you would have seen in my previous posts that it is different. It is now a one shouldered denim dress. It has a burnt overlay going over the shoulder and down one side of the dress and across the top or the back line. The burnt fabric is in pink, purple and green with gold burnt over the top.
The final outfit number 6 is called ‘Storm’. This is a skirt in the burnt fabric featuring all the colours, blue, purple, pink and green and has a gold organza burnt on top. It has a black waistband and tulle overlay sticking out from under the waistband. The bodice is still not quite made and decided on. It was going to be a plain straight bodice in a black fabric that had a faint gold stripe in it but I changed my mind. I had made another bodice which I used for the photo shoot featuring this fabric and some draping but when its been made up I don’t quite like it with the skirt. It’s beautiful by itself but together I don’t like them together. So I am currently working on a little bit of design to make it look a bit better.


As you can see in the pictures all the garment have a head piece of some sort which I am currently working on, and they also have an ankle bracelet. I have decided to make these on the wrists but they won’t be featured on all the outfits. I think some outfits may also need a necklace but I think I will decided this when I see it on a model.

No comments:

Post a Comment