Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Brand tags

I had a very productive day today. I got my brand tags and when I opened the packet I discovered I had 5 dozen when I had only ordered 4. I was pretty happy to get an extra dozen for free.



I did learn today that it is best to order brand tags early and have them before you start making your garments. Some of them were hard to sew to the lining so I had to hand stitch them in. It would be a lot easier to sew them onto the lining and then put the garment together.

The picture is a bit blurry but it shows how my brand tags look.


I also put my care labels in my garments. This was hard because the tafe didn’t have some of the care labels that I needed but I made do with what we had. And I am not planning on laundering my garments so it isn’t necessary to have the exact right tags. Some of these tags were easy to do because I could attach them with the brand tag but others were being inserted into seams.

I then had to put hanging tape into some of the dresses. The strapless defiantly needed it but because I had but boning in the side seams I couldn’t insert them so I stitched them on top of the seam.


If I had to do it over I would order tags early and sew them in as I’m going and also I would sew in care labels and hanging tape as I’m going.


Because I started putting the brand tags and care tags into garments I have started finishing some of them. I feel like I am progressing and getting on my way.

2 comments:

  1. goodluck with your fashion parade phebe! it all looks great so far. its so good to see the process i want to get into fashion design at Adelaide City tafe aswell next year after school. Ive started a blog to show the process of my label Stayc Hendrickson. please follow, have a look, tell people or feel free to give me some advice along the way :)

    http://staychendrickson-firstcollection.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s i posted a link to your blog on mine. take care

    ReplyDelete