Thursday, October 14, 2010

Callie Got Some Changes

A few days ago at tafe I decided to change the fabric of my ‘Callie’ dress.

I made it up twice in two different gold knits. The picture below shows this. But I wasn’t happy with either of them and I didn’t think that they fitted into the collection. Sue told me to go and look at other fabrics and see if I could find something that I liked to replace it.



Off I went fabric shopping again. And I started having a few ideas running through my head, black and gold stripe lycra, gold velvet, Silk Dupion, sequins. I slept on it and cut it down to, a really nice crushed gold velvet and a gold Silk Dupion.


After speaking with Sue again we decided on the Silk Dupion because we think the velvet showed a bit too much texture and would take away from the shoulder details.

I pattern made the dress again because I couldn’t use the same pattern as this fabric is not a stretch. I toiled it up. And went shopping again to buy the fabric. I have now finished the dress and only have to make the under vest that the shoulder details are going to attach to.






No comments:

Post a Comment