Friday, October 8, 2010

My Friday At Tafe

Today I had an aim. I wanted to finish outfit number 5. This outfit had changed from my first vision. It was going to be a strapless dress with a frill around the bottom in the burnt fabric, but I decided it was too boring and changed my design. I had made the base of the dress so today I only had to work on the burnt fabric.


This is my precious hot glue gun. It's helping to stick my whole collection together. When I cut the fabric I have burnt it is coming apart a bit so I need to reinforce it with glue. Also a lot of the organza needs to be glued down if it hasn't melted to the plastic well.





I changed my design to being a one shouldered dress with the burnt fabric wrapping over the shoulder. I had completely lined the dress so when I sewed the burnt fabric over the top the stitching lines were going to be seen on the inside and i was also worried of the lining not sitting well on the inside. Because the fabric is so delicate I don't like to play around with it too much and only want to stitch it once and avoid unpicking. I talked to Sophie and she had the idea of using press studs to join it onto the dress and leave it as a separate piece. I liked this idea so much better and it's an easier option.


Here are the pictures of the almost finished garment. I need to hand stitch the press studs on and finish the hem which I might do on the model.




No comments:

Post a Comment